Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » Closing Forms MDI window
Closing Forms MDI window [message #78884] Tue, 26 March 2002 16:50 Go to next message
fokker
Hi. Is there a way to capture the 'X' button of the forms MDI window? I currently can capture the 'X' buttons of each individual form window within the MDI window, but I don't know how to capture the main 'X'. I have a menu item 'Exit All' that will close all open windows, but I wanted the 'X' button to do the same. Any thoughts would be great. Thanks,
Re: Closing Forms MDI window [message #78888 is a reply to message #78884] Wed, 27 March 2002 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ceycey
Hi,
You can use, ''KEY-EXIT'' trigger at the forms level.Then put your code under this trigger.
Let me know,If it is OK or not.
Re: Closing Forms MDI window [message #78890 is a reply to message #78884] Wed, 27 March 2002 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fokker
Yeah, I can capture the event. However, the event is triggered if I click on the Application 'X', the Form 'X' or the menu option of 'Exit All'. Is there a way to isolate just the Application 'X'? Thanks,
Re: Closing Forms MDI window [message #78896 is a reply to message #78884] Wed, 27 March 2002 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ceycey
Hi, I got your trouble, but I am sorry as far as I know it is impossibble to do it with forms. If you can find a way to do it please let me know.
Re: Closing Forms MDI window [message #78905 is a reply to message #78884] Thu, 28 March 2002 11:02 Go to previous message
fokker
Okay, I can capture the exiting 'X' by using :system.event_window. If the event_window is 'FORMS_MDI_WINDOW', then I know that it was an Application 'X' button as oppose to a form 'X' button. However, when I use the Key-Exit trigger, I can't exit. Its like the normal Key-Exit is being overidden, and all I can do is just display a message box. If I use the Post-Form trigger, then I can't execute any Do_Key functions. Can anyone tell me how to still exit a form when the Key-Exit event trigger is being used? Thanks,
Previous Topic: OLE2 Excel Chart
Next Topic: Dynamic Table Names...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:06:05 CDT 2024