Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovering offline dropped datafile - Very Very Urgent
Recovering offline dropped datafile - Very Very Urgent [message #115210] Fri, 08 April 2005 03:08 Go to next message
srix5
Hi All,

My Oracle Database (8.1.7) is running in NOARCHIVELOG mode under unix.

To recover some space in filesystem i offline dropped some datafiles belongs to a tablespace. Also i deleted from the os also. Eventhouhg I offline dropped those files, oracle still asking for that particular datafiles. I don't know why...? Now I need those datafiles. I don't have backup of that particular datafiles.

I tried to recreate the datafile using ALTER DATABASE CREATE DATAFILE <FILENAME> AS <FILENAME> command. This command recreated the datafile. But i found its status as RECOVER. So, i tried to recover the same. Oracle is asking for some arch19.dbf for recovering which is never created (arch19.DBF). I tried with both AUTO and CANCEL options. But it is not recovering as my database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode.

Is there any possibilities to recover this datafile...?

- Sridhar Krishnan.
Re: Recovering offline dropped datafile - Very Very Urgent [message #115316 is a reply to message #115210] Sat, 09 April 2005 05:29 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Consider doing the following:

1. Backup the database.
2. Drop the entire tablespace in question, create a new empty tablespace, and open the database.
3. Call Oracle Support to assist extracting the data from the backed-up datafiles (using their DUL utility).
4. Import the missing data (DUL export files) into the database.

For more info, see http://www.orafaq.com/faq/RDBMS_Server/Backup_Recovery/faq43.htm

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: not required backup
Next Topic: RMAN and dynamic listener
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:50:07 CDT 2024