Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » control_file_record_keep_time
control_file_record_keep_time [message #118300] Wed, 04 May 2005 03:59 Go to next message
james_briar
Hello,
Just a brief question on the CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME parameter. I set up a separate database just for Rman and its catalog etc, i have four target databases. Do i code in the control_file_record_keep_time parameter in the parameter files of the target databases or just in the parameter file of the database holding Rman? (Oracle9i, patch 9.2.0.6.0 on a Sun Solaris Unix platform).
Re: control_file_record_keep_time [message #118319 is a reply to message #118300] Wed, 04 May 2005 06:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
The CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME initialization parameter determines the minimum number of days that records are retained in the control file before they are candidates for being overwritten.
Hence, if using RMAN do ensure to resynchronize the recovery catalog with the control file records of target database before these records are erased.
Default value for this parameter is 7 days.
Re: control_file_record_keep_time [message #118336 is a reply to message #118319] Wed, 04 May 2005 08:35 Go to previous message
james_briar
Thanks for your reply Girish, i assume then i need to put control_file_record_keep_time into each of the target databases and then make sure i resync the catalog every so often.
Previous Topic: 10g Archive log files fill disk
Next Topic: unix script for rman
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 16:33:13 CDT 2024