Home » Other » Client Tools » Installation problem (ISQL*PLUS)
Installation problem (ISQL*PLUS) [message #119412] Thu, 12 May 2005 09:00 Go to next message
mumtazsheikh
Hi Everyone,

I have two operating systems on my home pc. Windows 2000 Professional and XP. Oracle ver 9.2 is installed in the XP operating system. I am not able to install ISQL*PLUS. I tried uninstalling and installing several times thinking that perhaps this was due to an installation error or that I clicked on some wrong options.

When I clicked on Start HTTP Server powered by Apache option, I am getting this error:-

Syntax error on line 92 of d:/oracle/ora92/sqlplus/admin/isqlplus.conf:
Failed to create fast CGI application accept mutex

Has this occurred due to installing/uninstalling of Oracle and if so, what should I do? Is there a bug in the isqlplus.conf file?

I have just completed my Application Developer course and dont have much knowledge about the installation process. I am due to appear for my OCP Exams shortly and need to practice both SQL and ISQL*Plus.

Please help!!!

Thanks and Regards,

Mumtaz Sheikh

[Updated on: Fri, 13 May 2005 02:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problem installing ISQL*PLUS [message #119417 is a reply to message #119412] Thu, 12 May 2005 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
Any reason to not be using 10gR1? Release 2 comes out shortly, so by starting off with 9i you are already one release behind, and are about to be 2 behind. I also found the 10g installation process to be a breeze on winxp.

Also, your question is probably not in the right forum.
Re: Problem installing ISQL*PLUS [message #119425 is a reply to message #119417] Thu, 12 May 2005 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mumtazsheikh
Thanks but my course and exams are on 9i. They havent even started with 10i here. I know its on the wrong forum but last time I posted a message on the "server related problems" and I got replies which I couldnt comprehend. I'm a newbie and not experienced on dealing with installation problems, so thought I'd give it a go here.

Regards,

Mumtaz

Re: Problem installing ISQL*PLUS [message #119427 is a reply to message #119412] Thu, 12 May 2005 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smartin
This isn't to do with your specific problem, but one of the things to watch out for when uninstalling oracle is to make sure you truly delete everything (if that is your goal). I mean first uninstall with universal installer, but then look around on all of your drives and folders and make sure to delete anything left behind, including the temp folder.

Then use regedit to delete all of the registry entries oracle uses. Only then should you start the re-installation process.

Sorry I can't be of more help, other than to suggest looking at that .conf file and see what you can figure out.
Re: Problem installing ISQL*PLUS [message #119441 is a reply to message #119427] Thu, 12 May 2005 09:58 Go to previous message
mumtazsheikh
Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it. I'll try re-installing again after deleting all the files (as per your mail). I tried replacing the isql.conf file. didnt help. can figure out where the bug is.

Thanks & Regards,

Mumtaz
Previous Topic: how to create spool without blank lines
Next Topic: reg iSQL plus
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:45:09 CDT 2024