Home » RDBMS Server » Security » SYSDBA login
icon6.gif  SYSDBA login [message #125666] Tue, 28 June 2005 09:49 Go to next message
dalimix
Hi all,
I’m new to the ORACLE environment.
I have installed the 9.2 version;I have created a tablespace and some users with their security configuration. The problem is that everyone can connect to the database as SYSDBA without user and password simply by selecting “sysdba” from the menu of the Oracle Enterprise Manager or other tools such as PL-SQL Developer!!

Why and what shoud I do?? Cool
Thanks in advance!

Dalimix
Re: SYSDBA login [message #125674 is a reply to message #125666] Tue, 28 June 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rsone
Hi,

In your case, users are getting authenticated by Operating system but not through database authentication.

You can have users conencted upon authentication by database by giving them specific username and a password which would get stored in database and used every time they connect to database.

Reason for Sys user getting connected without any passowrd is...

While you created SID you would have not given password for it and hence sys and other users with sysdba is getting connected. You should make sure you always have internal or SYS user connected with non default password
(Default: change_on_install).
You can use ORADIM utility to recreate or edit ORACLE SID.

oradim -sid <sid> -edit <new password>

This lets you access sys user with specific password.

Ramana

Re: SYSDBA login [message #125680 is a reply to message #125674] Tue, 28 June 2005 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dalimix
Thanks Ramana,

but when I created SID i gave it the appropriate password, if you mean to SYS and SYSTEM users passwords.
I have changed the default: SYS: change_on_install
SYSTEM :MANAGER

But I can connect to the DB by sys or system users (using the new passwords) or simply by posting SYSDBA on the pull-down menu without any user.

Dalimix
Re: SYSDBA login [message #125732 is a reply to message #125680] Wed, 29 June 2005 00:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
girish.rohini
HI

Currently u r using OS authentication for logging into Oracle. U need to disable it and use pasword file authentication instead.

The process is as follows:

To enable authentication of an administrative user using password file authentication you must do the following:

1. Create an operating system account for the user.
2. If not already created, Create the password file using the ORAPWD utility:

ORAPWD FILE=filename PASSWORD=password ENTRIES=max_users

3. Set the REMOTE_LOGIN_PASSWORDFILE initialization parameter to EXCLUSIVE.
4. Connect to the database as user SYS (or as another user with the administrative privilege).
5. If the user does not already exist in the database, create the user. Grant the SYSDBA or SYSOPER system privilege to the user:

GRANT SYSDBA to scott;

This statement adds the user to the password file, thereby enabling connection AS SYSDBA.

Source: http://www.stanford.edu/dept/itss/docs/oracle/9i/server.920/a96521/dba.htm#1064

Regds
Girish
Re: SYSDBA login [message #125804 is a reply to message #125732] Wed, 29 June 2005 05:11 Go to previous message
dalimix
Thanks to everyone!!

I've solved!

Dalimix
Previous Topic: shocking problem.........!
Next Topic: AUDIT_ACTIONS Table - URGENT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:51:30 CDT 2024