Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » ..Background Color of Text and text item
..Background Color of Text and text item [message #134967] Mon, 29 August 2005 04:28 Go to next message
orcl_dba
Hi. to all of you..
I have searched and find many questions and answers regarding setting the background color of the text item n the text .

I am using oracle 9i rel 2 an Forms 6i and i have used the

set_item_property('itemname',Background_color,'any')
and this is not working at all

I repeat this is not working at all.

I also want to change the text color of a text prompt.. i mean the prompt we associate with the text item so taht user knows which field is beign represented by this text item..

I have tried using prompt_color but it does not work as well

Kindly suggest me something .. earlier i will be highly grateful to you all

BR
Re: ..Background Color of Text and text item [message #135082 is a reply to message #134967] Mon, 29 August 2005 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
I don't know where you got 'any' from but try 'red', 'blue', or 'r25g50b50'. Please reply which of these three worked for you.

David
Re: ..Background Color of Text and text item [message #135125 is a reply to message #134967] Tue, 30 August 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
orcl_dba
this is just to inform all of you here . to humbly share my little knowledge with you all

that only RGB format works,i have tried red/ mangnata etc.. but only r100g100b100 etc sort of Works..

SO ppl it is possible to do it ..

but with the help of RGB format

Take care All
Re: ..Background Color of Text and text item [message #135126 is a reply to message #135125] Tue, 30 August 2005 01:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
You say you can do it with RGB. What else do you want to do?

David
Re: ..Background Color of Text and text item [message #135128 is a reply to message #135126] Tue, 30 August 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
djmartin
Account Moderator
Try defining a few 'visual attribute' sets in your form and use the set_item_property and set_item_instance_property with 'VISUAL_ATTRIBUTE' command to use these different defined visual attributes and see if that is more successful.

David
Re: ..Background Color of Text and text item [message #643501 is a reply to message #135128] Fri, 09 October 2015 03:05 Go to previous message
shadow24
Hi all,
The simplest way to color a button is to trick your button.. now for sure this trick works on Developer6i version. The only thing which you may not like that if you have labled your button with numeric or alphanumeric label then it will dispear because you have to set your button property to iconic=yes. Here is a real example which hopefully everyone will benifit of
1) create a button on your form name it as you want for example B1
2) go to property of the B1 button and set iconic to yes (don't waste your time to label it because once you set the button to iconic , the label will disappear)
3) create a visual attribute and name it for example as NEW_COLOR and double click on it and go to section color then set property fourground and background to the color you like even fill pattern can assign to a color.
4) go back to the button you have create on your form and hit F11 to create a trigger
5) assign the following code to WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger -----> set_item_property('B1',visual_attribute,'NEW_COLOR');

Nasser Al Mawali

[Updated on: Fri, 09 October 2015 03:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: How i want to call form from tree menu ???
Next Topic: Calendar demo form for Form 6i
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:56:28 CDT 2024