Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » How can I do a BackUp from ORACLE 9i when a datafile is corrupted
icon1.gif  How can I do a BackUp from ORACLE 9i when a datafile is corrupted [message #135557] Thu, 01 September 2005 03:48 Go to next message
IngRMP
Hi everyone,

Now I have a problem, I tried to do a Backup from ORACLE 9i, but I can't because exist a Datafile corrupted and I can't recover it, because I lost the back up.

The error is: ORA-01128

It could be possible do a Back up or what can I do?

Thanks for your time.
Re: How can I do a BackUp from ORACLE 9i when a datafile is corrupted [message #135559 is a reply to message #135557] Thu, 01 September 2005 04:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank Naude
Export the data before playing around! When done, try to drop the tablespace with the corrupt datafile?

Best regards.

Frank
Re: How can I do a BackUp from ORACLE 9i when a datafile is corrupted [message #135560 is a reply to message #135559] Thu, 01 September 2005 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
IngRMP
Hi Frank

I tried to do this "Export the file" but I received a message about the datafile is corrupted, and we eliminated this file without have a back up.

Then we used the next command

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE <datafile name> OFFLINE

and

ALTER DATABASE DATAFILE <datafile name> OFFLINE DROP

But appear the same error ora-01128
Cause: An attempt to start an online backup found that one of the files is offline.

And is offline because is corrupted and we don't have a back up.

Thanks for your help and time.

Re: How can I do a BackUp from ORACLE 9i when a datafile is corrupted [message #135567 is a reply to message #135560] Thu, 01 September 2005 04:49 Go to previous message
Frank Naude
Yes, that's why I indicated that you need to drop the entire tablespace (not just the datafile!). However, if the export is not working, try taking a cold backup before proceeding.

Best regards.

Frank
Previous Topic: suggest a backup plan
Next Topic: restore database
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:33:42 CDT 2024