Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » RECOVERY USING ARCHIVED FILES IN TESTING ON DAILY BASE
RECOVERY USING ARCHIVED FILES IN TESTING ON DAILY BASE [message #135968] Mon, 05 September 2005 03:11 Go to next message
kumarvk
Dear All,

I have created a database and copied the datafiles from production to testing as of 02 Sep 05. The datafiles where taken from production after a complete shutdown. I want to update the testing database (archive log enabled) with the latest datas from production. I copied all the archived log files as of the last shutdown that is previous working day.

When I try using the command
RECOVER DATABASE USING BACKUP CONTROLFILES UNTIL CANCEL

It is giving error message by saying the arch files _1.arc is not there. In fact my archive starts from _34355.arc. How to change the log sequence no in the testing? Or any other way to update my testing from the archive files from production.

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Re: RECOVERY USING ARCHIVED FILES IN TESTING ON DAILY BASE [message #135978 is a reply to message #135968] Mon, 05 September 2005 04:05 Go to previous message
girish.rohini
HI

After moving the database onto testing platform , have you started the testing database even once. If yes, in that case, this application of archivelogs that you are trying to accomplish will not be possible.

Regds
Girish
Previous Topic: Oracle Management Server
Next Topic: HDD Crash
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:52:52 CDT 2024