Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » how to recover datafiles belong to system tbs in open stage
how to recover datafiles belong to system tbs in open stage [message #137222] Tue, 13 September 2005 23:20 Go to next message
oradba16
hi,
actually when i go through the book there in complete recovery methods, it is given that 'closed database recovery' is used when:

1.recovered files belong to the system or undo segment tablespace.
2.whole database or a majority of the datafiles, need recovery.

for the other methods such as
1.open database recovery with database initially opened.
2." " " " " closed.
3.datafile recovery without datafile backup

it is given that recovered file do not belongs to system or undo segments.
so doubt arises in me how can we recover datafile in open stage without closing, if datafile belongs to this system and undo segments tablespaces.

so i ask u people can we do recover in open stage? is it possible? if yes how can we recover? if no, give reason? and what we hav to do at this stage?

with regards,
boobathi.p
Re: how to recover datafiles belong to system tbs in open stage [message #137256 is a reply to message #137222] Wed, 14 September 2005 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JSI2001
You say

Quote:

so doubt arises in me how can we recover datafile in open stage without closing, if datafile belongs to this system and undo segments tablespaces.

Quote:

so i ask u people can we do recover in open stage? is it possible? if yes how can we recover?

But you also say at the start:
Quote:

it is given that 'closed database recovery' is used when:

1.recovered files belong to the system or undo segment tablespace.
2.whole database or a majority of the datafiles, need recovery.

To me, this is blatantly saying that if the files that need to be recovered are system or undo, then you must do it while the db is in mounted stage.
You were told this explicitly in your previous post (asking exactly the same question.

I don't understand your confusion.

I also don't understand what you are getting at here

Quote:

for the other methods such as
1.open database recovery with database initially opened.
2." " " " " closed.
3.datafile recovery without datafile backup

You mention a book in your OP. WHAT BOOK?
Re: how to recover datafiles belong to system tbs in open stage [message #137263 is a reply to message #137256] Wed, 14 September 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oradba16
hi,
see the book oracle9i database administration fundamental 2 in
chapter 12 it is given abt recovery methods.

i too know we can recover system datafiles in shutdown state at the same time we can recover non system datafiles in open mode without closing.

just wat i want to know is 'is there any possibilities to recover system datafiles in open mode'

sorry to ask this ques repeatedly.

Re: how to recover datafiles belong to system tbs in open stage [message #137265 is a reply to message #137263] Wed, 14 September 2005 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JSI2001
You will forgive me for getting a bit frustrated here. You have read yourself, and others have told you explicitly that you cannot do this:

Quote fromm AllieJane
Quote:

I'm afraid you can't, the only way to fix either the system datafiles or any datafile with an active segment is to do it at mounted stage..

I think that that is about as plain as it can get.
No.
Jim

[Updated on: Wed, 14 September 2005 03:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: how to recover datafiles belong to system tbs in open stage [message #137267 is a reply to message #137265] Wed, 14 September 2005 03:33 Go to previous message
alliejane
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your question..

The question you originally asked is
Quote:

"if we lost datafiles when the database is open, meanwhile the lost datafile belongs to system or undo segments. now how can we recover the lost datafiles without closing the database?"

The plain answer to that is NO...

Not sure why you keep asking the same question over again when the answer has been given.

If I'm misunderstanding your question then apologies, however if you are still confused then please reword your question, stating your concerns and the issue that you are experiencing.

Alison
Previous Topic: Backup and recovery
Next Topic: 06553 PLS 213 Package standard not accessible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:30:43 CDT 2024