Home » RDBMS Server » Security » 10g - FGA (Fine Grained Auditing) question  () 1 Vote
icon5.gif  10g - FGA (Fine Grained Auditing) question [message #147765] Sun, 20 November 2005 23:24 Go to next message
nmacdannald
Has anyone had experience with using FGA(Find Grained Auditing)?

I want to control access to our idxref table, the only place in the database that has ssn's.

I want to audit selects.

Also, if they ask for too many rows, I do not want to return any rows at all. I would have to do a count on the result set of any sql statement that selected the column delta_ssn?

I read the manual but I wondered if anyone could provide any examples?

I do not let anyone update or delete rows via triggers now, but I want a user to be audited if they look at our ssn's.

The idxref table has only two columns, delta_ssn char(9), and delta_id char(9). The delta_id is assigned by the database no matter what a user puts in there on insert.

Thanks!
Neil.

[Updated on: Sun, 20 November 2005 23:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 10g - FGA (Fine Grained Auditing) question [message #148650 is a reply to message #147765] Fri, 25 November 2005 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sunil_v_mishra
hi,

Please check out below given link ,,,, Wink

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/10gdba/week10_10gdba.html?_template=/ocom/technology/content/print

Read it carefully....

Regards
Always Friend sunilkumar
icon5.gif  Re: 10g - FGA (Fine Grained Auditing) question [message #149429 is a reply to message #147765] Thu, 01 December 2005 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nmacdannald
Okay, I read the documentation and the documentation provided by Oracle in the html format.

I am not smart enough to understand how you record selects of a specific column (delta_ssn in my case), or how to set a limit on the number of rows it can give to a user by statemtent and by session.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 December 2005 14:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: 10g - FGA (Fine Grained Auditing) question [message #149931 is a reply to message #147765] Mon, 05 December 2005 14:19 Go to previous message
nmacdannald
Oracle's FGA is a nightmare for an IT Manager (rusty-DBA) person. I will just have to deal with it...

Although I would really appreciate an example of auditing selects.
Previous Topic: Password Policy
Next Topic: Journaling/Auditing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:37:58 CDT 2024