Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » lost tables... plz help!!!!
icon9.gif  lost tables... plz help!!!! [message #152545] Fri, 23 December 2005 14:22 Go to next message
ozzy80
Hi all,

I am new to this DBA stuff, I was trying to shutdown our oracle 9.2.0.6 DB with... 'shutdown immediate' command... it was hanging there for a long time so I stopped it with 'clt-c' and gave 'shutdown abort' and the DB stopped...

I then started with 'startup' and did the 'shutdown immediate' and startup again...

now I am not able to desc any of the tables... plz help!!!

these tables have huge data in it... if I can atleast the table str back I can load the data... will be pretty painful... but plz advice with any better solution...

hoping an immediate responce...

thanx

ozzy
Re: lost tables... plz help!!!! [message #152569 is a reply to message #152545] Sat, 24 December 2005 00:55 Go to previous message
vjeedigunta

you mean after restarting the database ..you are not able to see your tables .. ?? ? should not be the case .. See in which user the table is present and cross check with the user you have logged in ...

Quote:

For example : if your table name is SAMPLE .. and you dont know which user owns that table .. login as system user and then

SQL>select owner from dba_tables where table_name='SAMPLE';

depending upon the owner you have got ...you can then either do a " desc owner.table " or "select count(*) from owner.table " ...

If you are recieving any errors ..then post the errors here ..

-Sai Jeedigunta

Previous Topic: recover db
Next Topic: Monitoring backup process
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:51:56 CDT 2024