Home » Infrastructure » Windows » listner problem in 10g
listner problem in 10g [message #153197] Thu, 29 December 2005 22:48 Go to next message
pa1sas3
Hi,
I recently installed 10g on my laptop - enterprise edition.

I get a lot of trouble during log in to the database:

1. Sometimes it gives me a ORA-12541 error
the listner.ora and tnsnames.ora file have the same ip address for host == (HOST=some ip)(PORT=1521) ==
i checked.
then used lsnrctl start to start the listner manually.
It worked.

But when i restart my laptop I had to do the same again. Sometimes it works and sometimes it dosent.
(What i observed is that if it is connected to internet, it works. else, dosent. - i dont know if it is true, but that was my observation)

I changed the host ip address to 127.0.0.1 thinking that it ould work. But when i restarted mt system, it didnt work and gave me this error - ora-12514.

Could anybody tell me what is happenning?
Also, pls clarify if it has anything to do with connetcing to internet.
Also, what host ip address and port name should i give to avoid this problem.

During installaton I was connected to net. And I dont remember to have given any IP address during installation.

Thanks,
Pavan
Re: listner problem in 10g [message #153202 is a reply to message #153197] Thu, 29 December 2005 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndreyPozhidaev

you can test the connect to db using "tnsping.exe".
and listener status via "lsnrctl.exe".

have the host static ip ?
Is the connection enable when you not connected to internet?
can you show ipconfig both when connected and not connected to internet ?

p.s.
at host without net I install Microsoft loopback adapter.
Re: listner problem in 10g [message #153204 is a reply to message #153197] Fri, 30 December 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pa1sas3
hi,
thank you Andrey.
i tried the following.
i set the host ipaddress in listner.ora and tnsnames.ora files to the ipaddress i got from ipconfig.
restarted the oracle service. started the listener.
and logged in. after 2-3 trials i could login.
but when i restart, the ip address changes. and i have to do the same again and again.
is there a permanant solution to it?
also, how should i use it if i am not connected to internet.(127.0.0.1 would work i guess....but i need one permanant solution if it is there at all)
Thanks ...
pavan
Re: listner problem in 10g [message #153206 is a reply to message #153197] Fri, 30 December 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AndreyPozhidaev

"when i restart, the ip address changes"
so you receive IP-addres via DHCP.
try use Full_computer_name in the listner.ora and tnsnames.ora.
host == (HOST=HOSTNAME)(PORT=1521) ==
Re: listner problem in 10g [message #153214 is a reply to message #153197] Fri, 30 December 2005 01:01 Go to previous message
pa1sas3
hey!!!!!
it works fine....i gave the system name and not ip address as u suggested...(it should have struck me in the first place...).... i restarted the system....and it works fine....thanks for helping me out...
pa1
Previous Topic: Trouble in 10g on windows xp home
Next Topic: plz help me to link oracle with vb6 using ODBC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:48:01 CDT 2024