Home » Infrastructure » Unix » ftp issue
ftp issue [message #159948] Wed, 22 February 2006 06:01
sxramas
We scheduled an FTP script during on Month end date to transfer all the PDF files to ePAL production box from compleo Server (Windows 2000 server) .
It just transfer only one file into Production job and the job got terminated. the same error occurred during Dec and Jan month end date and we manually FTPed all the files.

Analysis:

1) In job log also, there is no specific error. However I could n't see the execution of quit statement
QUIT
221 Goodbye.

as part of log file. Instead it just has 'Bye' message. It seems the job got terminated.

2) From the log file I understood, it reads the first PDF file and placed it in Production Box. After that there is no acknowledgement code in the log. In normal situation, the server send back acknowledgement for the completion of the picked file transfer with the code

226 Transfer complete.

3) I also verified and ensured there is no other job scheduled at the same time to hit the Production box.

The same script, we used in test environment. It ran without any issue in Test environment. However in Production environment, the script is not working on month end date.
4) After the production environment failure, I tried to move the files from compleo folder to test box, it went well.

5) Prior to this production job failure, we tried sending sample files to ePal production box. that time it transferred all the sample files.

Step1:

FTP all pdf in F:\MAPFORM\MANUAL\NZ to UAT box
Pl refer

F:\Mapform\comptestold.txt for log details

Pl check the files transferred in UAT box in /opt/oracle/appsdata/data/reports/adb/compadb

Step2:

FTP all *.pdf from F:\mapform\epal to UAT box

Pl refer
F:\mapform\ftpbatch.cmd
Ftbbatch - scheduled task
F:\Mapform\comptest.txt for log details
/opt/oracle/appsdata/data/reports/adb/compepal

I have interrupted the job after some time , since there are 1800+ files to be transferred. Pl find attachment for forced job termination.

Hence it is clear evident that there is no issue with script. However I could n't catch where could be the failure happened on month end date.

CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHERE THE PROBLEM LIES?

Thanks,
Siva
Previous Topic: Vmstat -s
Next Topic: HP-UX : Directory Alias & UNIX account
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:09:16 CDT 2024