Home » Infrastructure » Windows » unable to install oracle
unable to install oracle [message #160317] Fri, 24 February 2006 07:30 Go to next message
shubhaditya

dear sir,
when i try to install oracle application on my computer, i unable to do that.when ever i start the autorun,or directly through cd of oracle, first the installer window open and after that universal installer open, but in that universal window when i click the next button to procced the installation it dosent respond. it remain ideal, the installation dosent proceed, no error message nothing. the universal installer window hang up and no response. i have tried several times but every time the window hang up and i couldnt do the installation. please help me as soon as possible i will be waiting for ur response
Re: unable to install oracle [message #160323 is a reply to message #160317] Fri, 24 February 2006 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
It is almost impossible to answer a question when you didn't provide Oracle version nor the Operating System you are trying to install Oracle on. There are just too many combinations that might go wrong.
Re: unable to install oracle [message #165073 is a reply to message #160317] Tue, 28 March 2006 04:27 Go to previous message
gwan
hello friends

i and my friend are also facing the same problem while installing the oracle database 10g on his system.
my friend's system's configuration is as win XP SP2, P4, 512 MB RAM.
when ever we are trying to install the oracle database 10g on his system, by starting the autorun, or directly through the first cd of oracle 10g, first the installer window open and after that universal installer open, but in that universal window when i click the next button to procced to the installation process, it does not respond. it remain ideal for the next 35 to 45 minutes, the installation also does not proceed, no error message or nothing else comes up on the machine for the moment.

actually my friend has oracle 9i also installed on the machine and this version of oracle is working perfectly whithout any problem, but when we try to install the 10g version, this problem comes.

my friend also does not want to upgrade the 9i version to the 10g one, but want to install both the versions of the oracle on his machine and wants to experiment with the 10g version as he has his own databases on the 9i version.

please help me in this, how we can install the 10g version of the database, without affecting the 9i version.

kindly please advise...

thanking you Sad
Previous Topic: ODBC disconnect sporadic
Next Topic: Oracle - ODBC Setup Screen fails to load
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 04:31:19 CDT 2024