Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Recovery from RMAN backup files
Recovery from RMAN backup files [message #185993] Fri, 04 August 2006 12:59 Go to next message
TechMecha
We have a RAC production database and a single-instance development database. We are in the process of attempting to sync the dev to the livedb and are at somewhat of a loss as to how to go about it. Our production db is off site, so the actually ship us the RMAN backup files on a 1.5TB NAS. I had looked into using the duplicate database option with RMAN, but that would require us to connect to the primary, which, in this case is not an option as it would be over the Internet and insanely slow. Is there any way to just apply these backup files from the RAC system to the empty single-instance system, or is there another way to go about it. Any help/code/scripts would be much appreciated, at this point I am not beyond accepting any help I can get.
Re: Recovery from RMAN backup files [message #185997 is a reply to message #185993] Fri, 04 August 2006 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
May be i am missing something here.
Anyhow you are about to transfer the backup sites via internet. Right?
>>Is there any way to just apply these backup files from the RAC system to the empty single-instance system,
Yes. you can still restore it to a local single instance database.
http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96566/rcmrecov.htm#1007514
Re: Recovery from RMAN backup files [message #186000 is a reply to message #185997] Fri, 04 August 2006 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TechMecha
No, we have the backup files here on disk, our co-location sends them to us once a month so that we can back them up to tape. So it would be an attempt to apply backups of one RAC db to a non-RAC db without connecting to the primary system over the internet, but using backup files the have snail-mailed to us.
Re: Recovery from RMAN backup files [message #186001 is a reply to message #186000] Fri, 04 August 2006 13:16 Go to previous message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
You cannot duplicate or clone
but
You can restore.
Previous Topic: DUPLICATE DATABASE WITH RMAN
Next Topic: automatic backup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 01:13:03 CDT 2024