Home » Infrastructure » Windows » How to check uniqness in of a field in forms 6i
How to check uniqness in of a field in forms 6i [message #192732] Wed, 13 September 2006 07:07 Go to next message
vaishnavm
Hi!,
We have a web-based ERP system with Oracle 9i & forms 6i. I am developing a form in which I want to check the uniqness of a field say EMPID on block level(multiple record block).

I have already written a code which checks the uniqness by nevigating the block in a loop but I wanted to know if any easy method (inbuilt??) available for this.

Thanks
Mayank
Re: How to check uniqness in of a field in forms 6i [message #192828 is a reply to message #192732] Wed, 13 September 2006 16:40 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
If I understood you correctly, you'd like to check whether data stored into (in your example) EMPID column in a block is unique or not.

If so, I'd rather put that kind of validation lower, into the database level and create a unique constraint which would (and, perhaps, should) take care about it. I prefer keeping such things in database, not application code.
Previous Topic: Problem during Oracle -10g Installation
Next Topic: Oracle 8i Personal Edition problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:38:52 CDT 2024