Home » RDBMS Server » Security » rights of a user on a different schema dissapeare
rights of a user on a different schema dissapeare [message #196439] Thu, 05 October 2006 06:17 Go to next message
dast
Hi,

We have a created a new user who has rights on a table in a different schema.

The table is everynight be dropped and new created, so the rights are gone every day of that users who had rights on that table.

Is there a method so the rights will be there when that table is dropped.

Thanx,

Dave
Re: rights of a user on a different schema dissapeare [message #196442 is a reply to message #196439] Thu, 05 October 2006 06:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
As far as I can tell, no.

But - why do you drop the table? See how many problems it brings? Why don't you, instead, TRUNCATE the table and insert new data into it?

How do you create the table? Through the script? If so, you could include required GRANT statements into it. If it is dynamically created, include GRANTs into another EXECUTE IMMEDIATE.
Re: rights of a user on a different schema dissapeare [message #196444 is a reply to message #196442] Thu, 05 October 2006 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dast

The problem is that there is a application what does the drop table. i can't change it because it's in there softwarecode.

Thanx,

Dave
Re: rights of a user on a different schema dissapeare [message #200362 is a reply to message #196444] Mon, 30 October 2006 09:12 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Try this but i am not sure.

You create one trigger whenever particular table is created trigger fire and provide privs to users.
Previous Topic: UNABLE TO LOGIN
Next Topic: How can the user SYS or SYSTEM to find out a user's password (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:25:32 CDT 2024