Home » Infrastructure » Windows » ODBC Trace Log File Location Problem
ODBC Trace Log File Location Problem [message #212335] Thu, 04 January 2007 14:40
sephethus
Server: HP DL-360
Oracle Version: 9.2 unattended script install

Problem:

When running an ODBC trace in the ODBC Data Source Administrator, the path to the log file location is ignored regardless of what is specified. Instead, the only location it will save to is the "Start In:" location specified in the Control Panel shortcut. If I change that location it will save to whatever I specify in that "Start In:" field.

If I change the default log file name from SQL.log to test.log it will continue to ignore that path name and file name and save it in the "Start In:" location as SQL.log.

The strange thing is that I can't determine if this is a Windows or Oracle problem, regardless I was hoping someone had seen this problem before.

This does not happen on servers where Oracle 9.2 was installed manually but rather only on servers where a scripted install of the 9.2 client was done.

Filemon and Regmon left me scratching my head as it would read the location specified in the Registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ODBC\ODBC.INI\ODBC

Then procede to completely ignore that and copy to the "Start In:" folder specified in the odbcad32.exe shortcut instead.

If anyone could provide me with some clues as to why this is happening please let me know.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 04 January 2007 14:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: ERROR:ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name
Next Topic: Oracle 9i installation problem on Win XP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:36:42 CDT 2024