Home » Infrastructure » Windows » oracle 9i (9.2) installation error on winxp o/s
oracle 9i (9.2) installation error on winxp o/s [message #223893] Mon, 12 March 2007 03:44 Go to next message
hisamir
dear all

while installing oracle9i (release 9.2 ver) on my windows XP o/s i have got an error from disk 3

"Database configuration Assistant"
Createprocess :null -new -sid ORCL -startmode m error=2.
If i click ok next showing ORA-12560: TNS:Protocol adapter error

Finally its showing "End of installation" - Oracle9i Database was unsuccessful

Please help me what can i do to install successfully.

If you suggest me to reinstall, please let me know the detailed steps needs to be taken care for uninstall and all registry entries..

samir
Re: oracle 9i (9.2) installation error on winxp o/s [message #224030 is a reply to message #223893] Mon, 12 March 2007 12:56 Go to previous message
orausern
yes you should remove all oracle related entries , files and reinstall...to do this, stop all oracle services, then run the command regedit and delete the oracle key under hkey/software/local/machine folder and delete any other oracle key related to this installation if it is present..then delete all oracle folders and files..one particular file may give problem -oci.dll..but if you restart the machine, the problem may go away(my experiece ..better ways may be there though).

now if you are able to remove all files then you can start fresh...again when you fire up the oui...check for installed products and if you find any present then select them and press remove button of oui...then with all garbage gone, start fresh..

much of this info. is also given on oracle's online documentation so refer to that as well..
Nirav
Previous Topic: Margins
Next Topic: oracle installation reg
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:13:21 CDT 2024