Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Tracking down a user
Tracking down a user [message #257131] Tue, 07 August 2007 11:16 Go to next message
DriveShaft
I'm running Oracle Database 10g Release 10.2.0.1.0 on Linux ES4

Every other day, the CPU on the linux box goes to 100% and the process that is taking all the cpu shows to be....

oraclep1 (LOCAL=NO)

This only happens on one node of the RAC and it is the same node every time.

In order to get the server and database back to being responsive we kill the process and all is better.

My question is, how would I go about tracking down the user that is causeing all this?

Thanks,
Billy Bob
Re: Tracking down a user [message #257133 is a reply to message #257131] Tue, 07 August 2007 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
What you want to track CPU time ?
Or user activities on DATABASE SERVER like (DML/DDL)?
Re: Tracking down a user [message #257157 is a reply to message #257131] Tue, 07 August 2007 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
ps gives you pid
pid that you find in v$process.spid
you join with v$session on v$session.paddr=v$process.addr
then you get session id (v$session.sid), Oracle user name (v$session.username), OS user name (v$session.osuser).

Regards
Michel
Re: Tracking down a user [message #257164 is a reply to message #257157] Tue, 07 August 2007 12:29 Go to previous message
DriveShaft
Thanks Michel....I think that is what I am looking for. I'm a newbie to Oracle and still trying to figure out little tricks.

I'm basically just trying to figure out who is causing the load and what they are doing.

I have been killing the process right away as soon as its discovered in order to bring the database back to responsive state, which limits my time to figure out what they are doing. Which leaves me trying to figure out what they WERE doing rather that what the ARE doing.

Previous Topic: How can I attach FGA to a schema?
Next Topic: Password file (merged)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:05:43 CDT 2024