Home » RDBMS Server » Backup & Recovery » Database abnormally shutdown
Database abnormally shutdown [message #264279] Sun, 02 September 2007 15:03 Go to next message
kamragulshan
I have Oracle 10gR1 on Solaris 5.8. Database is in archive log mode. We did shutdown our database. But when we bring up the database, it is having strang behaviour. when i start the database then after opening the database it abnormally generating the trace files and fillup the space at the partition where trace files stores. But when i read the alert log file then i found that the below file may need media recovery.
/OracleData/oradata/beatles/undotbs02.dbf
I started the database at mount stage and then put the above datafile offline and open the database. then i observe that the trace file storage area was in consistent state. But when i recover the database and the online the datafile. It automatically behaving abnormally and filling up the trace files storage area and the result is database down.
Could you please help me to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks in Advance.
Re: Database abnormally shutdown [message #264281 is a reply to message #264279] Sun, 02 September 2007 16:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebrian
The title says "Database abnormally shutdown", but then you mentioned that you shutdown your database. Did you have to do a shutdown abort?

Since you say you were able to offline the datafile, I'll assume there were no active transactions using the tablespace.

Do you have a backup of the file? What type of messages are you seeing in the trace files?

You could try to simply drop and recreate the undo tablespace.

Re: Database abnormally shutdown [message #264282 is a reply to message #264279] Sun, 02 September 2007 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kamragulshan
My database has storage space on R200 (NetApp device). Suddenly the storage device down and at the same time when i found that the three datafiles need recovery, i restored the datafile from the backup (through RMAN). Then i have tried to recover the datafile but it was not recoverable. Then i come to know that the storage device is not accessible.
Now the storage device is working fine and then i have tried to recover the datafile in mount state. As i have all the archive log files, so did perform recovery. It shows the message "Media recovery completed". Then i run the command "alter database datafile 8 online" and then "alter database open".
Then it comes in hang state and i observed that it started generating lot of trace files abnormally and filled up the space where trace files stores resultant the database down.
Then i observerd that when we started our server then at the time of booting, it show error like :

10.192.10.10:/vol/oracle uncorrected error.

Now the situation is my production database is down.
Kindly suggest something to resolve the issue.

Thanks in Advance
Re: Database abnormally shutdown [message #264284 is a reply to message #264279] Sun, 02 September 2007 18:00 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>Then i observerd that when we started our server then at the time of booting, it show error like :
>10.192.10.10:/vol/oracle uncorrected error.

Above almost seems to be an Operating System error

"show error" where?
Typically Oracle errors are in the format ORA-nnnnn

You've provided too little details to determine whether you have Operating System problem or an Oracle problem or BOTH.

Please post meaningful contents of sample trace file being generated.

Previous Topic: Rman can't open
Next Topic: Logminer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 00:07:19 CDT 2024