Home » Fusion Middleware & Colab Suite » Weblogic & Application Server » Is oracle application server is necessary to run oracle form?is only Oracle database sufficient?
Is oracle application server is necessary to run oracle form?is only Oracle database sufficient? [message #264403] Mon, 03 September 2007 03:42 Go to next message
gaju_3112

I am very new to the oracle world. I want to know that,
Is oracle application server is necessary to built and run the oracle forms? I have only Oracle Dabase 10g.
Is oracle forms are part of Oracle Database 10g Release1 (10.1)?
Re: Is oracle application server is necessary to run oracle form?is only Oracle database sufficient [message #264446 is a reply to message #264403] Mon, 03 September 2007 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
Forms are developed through Oracle Developer Suite (as well as, for example, reports). Forms Builder (part of the Developer Suite) connects to the database (which you already have) and you can develop forms and even execute them from Forms Builder (just make sure to start OC4J Instance before running them!), but can not deploy them on the web; I believe you'll have to have Application Server.
Re: Is oracle application server is necessary to run oracle form?is only Oracle database sufficient [message #264545 is a reply to message #264403] Mon, 03 September 2007 12:28 Go to previous message
kmmfoo
If you have developed Oracle Forms and want to run them for production Internet users, you need to install and run "Oracle Forms and Reports Server", which is a part of Oracle Application Server, but not the whole thing.

You can read the documentation on this product from this link

http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/appserver101202.html

the software can be downloaded from here:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/ias/htdocs/101202.html

Previous Topic: 9iAS Installation and 9i Forms Deployment Steps
Next Topic: Beginner Question - Help Needed for EJB QL Sample Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 02:26:18 CDT 2024