Home » Other » Community Hangout » Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places)
Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269783] Mon, 24 September 2007 10:19 Go to next message
Ericle

Anyone else here looking forward to getting the game besides me?
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269796 is a reply to message #269783] Mon, 24 September 2007 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MarcL
Umm go find an XBOX forum ?
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269797 is a reply to message #269783] Mon, 24 September 2007 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ericle

This is the Community Hangout forum. We can talk about anything here. If you don't want to talk about Halo 3, then keep to yourself and ignore this thread. That shouldn't be too difficult.
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269803 is a reply to message #269797] Mon, 24 September 2007 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Don't you prefer go sailing or fishing on Michigan lake or playing golf at the Oaks Golf Club?

Regards
Michel
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269807 is a reply to message #269803] Mon, 24 September 2007 13:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ericle

I don't care for sailing or fishing, but I do like golf. I haven't tried Oaks Golf Club yet, but plan to sometime. Have you golfed there?
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269811 is a reply to message #269797] Mon, 24 September 2007 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Ericle wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 19:28
This is the Community Hangout forum. We can talk about anything here. If you don't want to talk about Halo 3, then keep to yourself and ignore this thread. That shouldn't be too difficult.

The fact that we supposedly can talk about anything (which I doubt) does not mean that we _have_ to talk about everything..
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269813 is a reply to message #269811] Mon, 24 September 2007 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ericle

Frank wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 14:42
Ericle wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 19:28

The fact that we supposedly can talk about anything (which I doubt) does not mean that we _have_ to talk about everything..

I meant we can talk about anything within reason, of course. You should know that. And who said you or anyone else had to post in this thread? Certainly not me. If this topic doesn't interest you then read something else.
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269814 is a reply to message #269813] Mon, 24 September 2007 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
I just wondered why you feel so attracted to posting about this totally non-relaed topic here. I'd say there's more fun in going to a general interest or even a gaming forum. Chances are that you'd even find some people that are interested.
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269815 is a reply to message #269814] Mon, 24 September 2007 13:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ericle

Frank wrote on Mon, 24 September 2007 14:54
I just wondered why you feel so attracted to posting about this totally non-relaed topic here. I'd say there's more fun in going to a general interest or even a gaming forum. Chances are that you'd even find some people that are interested.

Look, buddy, I'm just trying to have a little friendly conversation here. I was just curious if any of my fellow Oracle using colleagues were planning on getting this game. What is wrong with that? Here is the description of this forum:

Forum where people can ask who is going to an Oracle event, announce a birth, post some vacation pictures or tell a computer joke. The conversation is sort of like what you might hear while gathered around the water cooler at work or having lunch with coworkers.

So, what does announcing a birth, posting vacation pictures or telling computer jokes have to do with Oracle? Nothing. That description made me think that this was a place where we could just take a little break from Oracle or whatever we're doing and have a little friendly conversation. But I guess not.
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269816 is a reply to message #269807] Mon, 24 September 2007 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
I haven't tried Oaks Golf Club yet, but plan to sometime. Have you golfed there?

No but I heard it is a nice place.

Regards
Michel
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269842 is a reply to message #269815] Mon, 24 September 2007 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Barbara Boehmer
For those of you who have forgotten how the community hangout came to be or have not been here long enough to know:

http://www.orafaq.com/forum/mv/msg/63151/171846/43710/

This topic certainly seems as acceptable as many of the others.

A lot of people who are into programming and computers also seem to be into video games, especially the younger crowd. A long time ago, at a place where I worked, when personal computers were a new-fangled thing, most people said, "Don't put one of those on my desk!" and preferred to search for what they needed in the file cabinets or have somebody else do the search on the computer for them. I was instructed to set up one computer with some games to try to entice people to use the computers and get over their keyboard fright. We also installed a typing tutorial to try to get them to use more than one finger. Pretty soon everybody was saying, "When do I get one on my desk?" Eventually such games were banned because people spent too much time playing instead of working. Nowadays, all the youngsters have grown up with computers and probably can't imagine life without them or a lot of other modern things.

Now that I'm older and retired, I don't find the video games very appealing. I think my reactions have slowed down, so I would not be very good at them. I probably couldn't even do Pac-Man or one of those ping-pong games very well anymore. I have seriously considered getting one of those Dance Revolution things just to get me out of my chair more. It looks kind of like the old Twister game, but to music, and one person at a time. I wonder what kind of dance and music they have?
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #269885 is a reply to message #269842] Tue, 25 September 2007 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Ah, your reply is wise (as it so often is).
The thing that got me so upset was especially the tone of the reply, the "I can post what I want, and if you don't like it just leave me alone".
(Don't get me wrong, I AM addicted to gaming myself!)
But you are right Barbara, and I do apologize to Ericle.
Re: Halo 3 releases tomorrow in U.S. (or midnight tonight in some places) [message #270016 is a reply to message #269885] Tue, 25 September 2007 07:40 Go to previous message
Ericle

Frank wrote on Tue, 25 September 2007 01:27
Ah, your reply is wise (as it so often is).
The thing that got me so upset was especially the tone of the reply, the "I can post what I want, and if you don't like it just leave me alone".
(Don't get me wrong, I AM addicted to gaming myself!)
But you are right Barbara, and I do apologize to Ericle.

That might be how my tone came across, but that wasn't my intention. My intention was to just say, hey, I don't mind if you aren't interested in this topic, but there's no reason to give me a hard time about it just because of that. Just one of the problems with communicating on a message board. You can't hear inflections in tone of voice and no one really knows each other and so on. Anyway, try not to be so judgmental in the future. Apology accepted.
Previous Topic: Vacation
Next Topic: Robicon rouges
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:01:20 CDT 2024