Home » Server Options » Streams & AQ » Enqueue when the db down
Enqueue when the db down [message #271134] Sat, 29 September 2007 22:33 Go to next message
hidnt
Hi there,

I'm able to get my AQ to work between two dbs. However, when one the database is down and the other database is enqueue a message. Since the database is down I thought the message would stay in the queue until the the second database is up and able to dequeue the message. Somehow, the message didn't stay in the queue. Is that anything I'm missing? Noted, I'm using db link.

Thanks
Re: Enqueue when the db down [message #271146 is a reply to message #271134] Sun, 30 September 2007 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
It depends on what you did.
So post what you did along with you Oracle version (4 decimals).
Please read and follow OraFAQ Forum Guide, especially "How to format your post?" section.
Make sure that lines of code do not exceed 80 characters when you format. Use the "Preview Message" button.
Please always post your Oracle version (4 decimals).

Regards
Michel
Re: Enqueue when the db down [message #271192 is a reply to message #271146] Sun, 30 September 2007 12:58 Go to previous message
hidnt
Hi Michael,

I'm new using this forum or any forums. My db version 10.2.0.2.

From my source db I enqueued the message while the target db is down. From my understand of AQ, I thought the message would stay in the queue until the target db is up.

1)exec enqueue_msg( 'FAILED', '<HOSTNAME>' );

My main question is when I enqueue a message while the target db down. What's to the message? Right now, it doesn't get queue. I have to enqueue again. Do I need to enqueue the message again when the target db is up? Is a method that I don't have too.

I'm using dblink as my target db.

Dave
Previous Topic: error in database link during propagation
Next Topic: ddl changes - source & target schema name are diff
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:13:49 CDT 2024