Home » Other » General » production support details (unix,oracle)
production support details [message #286601] Sat, 08 December 2007 16:02 Go to next message
bhanu6us

hi all ,
i just wanted a brief idea about the production support -- job done / issue/tickets resolved when a client faces a problem .
i will be greatful if u can send me details regarding the tools used (especially related to oracle workin on unix platform),how the tickets are raised etc ...
u can send me a link - where in i can get the basic idea about the job done in production support -- in oracle workin on unix platform ..
thank u !!!

regards ,
akhil !!!!
Re: production support details [message #286606 is a reply to message #286601] Sat, 08 December 2007 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mohammad Taj

http://tkyte.blogspot.com/2006/01/im-speak.html

Hope this help
Taj
Re: production support details [message #286669 is a reply to message #286606] Sun, 09 December 2007 11:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bhanu6us

taj i guess u cud not understand my question .. the link u sent was no way helpful !! anyways thank u
Re: production support details [message #286671 is a reply to message #286669] Sun, 09 December 2007 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frank
Maybe this will help you clarify your problem..
Re: production support details [message #286673 is a reply to message #286601] Sun, 09 December 2007 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>taj i guess u cud not understand my question .. the link u sent was no way helpful !! anyways thank u
U is not a member of this forum.
Re: production support details [message #286700 is a reply to message #286601] Sun, 09 December 2007 22:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Arju

Akhil before continue in this forum read oracle forum guide. And don't mix your case between lower and upper case.
Re: production support details [message #287213 is a reply to message #286601] Tue, 11 December 2007 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mahesh Rajendran
Account Moderator
>> i just wanted a brief idea about the production support -- job done / issue/tickets resolved when a client faces a problem .
Depends on the $$$ you willing to spend and in some cases, your enterprise architecture.
If you are already using "help desk management" kind of software, you can just add a module/interface for database related things.

There are too many opensource tools that can do the same.
To name a few.
http://www.opensourcehelpdesklist.com/
http://freehelpdesk.org/
http://www.troubleticketexpress.com/

>>where in i can get the basic idea about the job done in production suppo
I suppose you are looking for an operational procedure. It can be anything. You can design your own process.
In my case, we have dedicated call center, where folks can just call or login to a webpage and create a ticket (asking some kind of help/information/bug/production outage/just yell at someone/whatever).
There are extensive groups created in the system, and the request would be automatically(sometimes manual) trickled down to a concerned person. Once the ticket is allocated to a person several flags would be activated.

For instance, I get typical email like this (after a manual allocation from someone in call center)

Request #24205 has a status of Acknowledged and is a Database issue has been transferred to Rajendran, Mahesh.

Requestor: lastname, firstname
Assigned to: Database_Services/ Rajendran, Mahesh
Customer: real customer name

Summary:
database
----------------------
How to find display first 10 records from employee table?
----------------------

I have to acknowledge the ticket and do something about it and alteast update the status. There are several timers/flags built in based on "severity of issue". Depending on that, I get paged/emailed/get kicked. If the status is not updated within the preset timer, the flags will notify all folks in my group.
Re: production support details [message #287230 is a reply to message #286601] Tue, 11 December 2007 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kir_ait

Very nice explaination.

Thanks Mahesh.

Happy Regards,
Kiran.
: production support details [message #287578 is a reply to message #287213] Wed, 12 December 2007 14:19 Go to previous message
bhanu6us

great stuff mahesh---
n iam really thankful to you for sending the details regarding the prodution support .
thanx again !!!!
Previous Topic: which is good OS for oracle
Next Topic: another product
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:46:10 CDT 2024