Home » Other » General » Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle...
Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #292985] Thu, 10 January 2008 07:14 Go to next message
wustvn
Hello to all of you guys here...
I'd like to post a number puzzle, which had been brought to many forums, but yet nobody can work it out properly. I'm not a puzzle mania, this just really disturbs my mind. I hope you guys here can help me.
This number puzzle is in .xls file format. It looks like HITORI, but it's not. Here I attach the file, name: sept09A.xls.
There are tables contain of 10 rows (1,2,3,...,10) each.
Each tables contains of numbers, which here I give example 1 to 40, that should be found its relationships/patterns, so the next numbers can be placed correctly in a certain rows in each tables.
In EACH tables, each numbers appears just one time and there will be no same numbers vertically, horizontally and diagonally.
Tables 1-20 in sheet #2, Tables 21-32 in sheet #3, Tables 33-44 in sheet #4,..., Tables 273-284 in sheet #24.
I name and arrange the tables just like that, though you can do else.
In sheet #1 you can see Tables 1-20 have filled with numbers 1 to 350.
In sheet #25 you can see that total amount of the numbers in each rows are almost its average, so this isn't random and it should have a solution, shouldn't it?
(I hope this can explain the problems clearly).
Thank you to those who want to pay attentions and interested in this puzzle.

P.S:
1. Because of their similar shapes, in sheet #26 & #27 I rearranged the tables that I think could be the "keys" of this puzzle.
2. This "big sizes" puzzle is tough, (artistic?) and really needs hard thinking...

Best regards
Steven Wu
Bali - Indonesia
  • Attachment: sept09A.xls
    (Size: 686.00KB, Downloaded 1795 times)
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #292988 is a reply to message #292985] Thu, 10 January 2008 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

This number puzzle is in .xls file format.

Sorry but if you read the forum you'd know that many of us can't download xls file, so post it in txt format.

I hope your file will contain all statements to create and fill the tables.
You must be able to explain your puzzle with words and not with "as you can see".
Described rules must define a clear, complete and non ambiguous set.

Regards
Michel
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #293383 is a reply to message #292988] Fri, 11 January 2008 23:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wustvn
I'm sorry, I can't make it in text format, because this data are too big, so it has to be implemented in Excel.
I'm really sorry too for any of you that can't download the file.
Thank's.
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #293704 is a reply to message #293383] Mon, 14 January 2008 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
joy_division
wustvn wrote on Sat, 12 January 2008 00:00

I'm sorry, I can't make it in text format, because this data are too big, so it has to be implemented in Excel.

Not really sure what you mean by this. an excel file is going to be larger than a text file no matter how much data is in it. did you mean you do not know how to create a text file from an excel file? Save it is a .csv file. No such thing as the data is too big is you can create an excel file for it.
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #293767 is a reply to message #293704] Mon, 14 January 2008 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
If anyone who has not downloaded the puzzle is interested, this is a number theory puzzle, not Oracle.
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #294021 is a reply to message #292985] Wed, 16 January 2008 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajavu1

Plus it doesn't contain any Create table script if OP wants to translate it into Oracle Puzzle.

Thumbs Up
Rajuvan
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #294072 is a reply to message #294021] Wed, 16 January 2008 06:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rleishman
I'm far from an expert in relational theory, but I'd be surprised if this could be translated into a database problem. My bet is that the OP googled "Puzzle Forum" (in quotes) - we rate on page 2.

Ross Leishman
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #294087 is a reply to message #292985] Wed, 16 January 2008 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rajavu1

Yes. If OP could translate this into database Puzzle , it could have been one of the best-fit for 'Oracle Puzzle' sticky .

Thumbs Up
Rajuvan
Re: Geniuses, Help Me To Crack This "Big Sizes" Number Puzzle... [message #294238 is a reply to message #293704] Wed, 16 January 2008 23:13 Go to previous message
wustvn
joy_division
did you mean you do not know how to create a text file from an excel file? Save it is a .csv file.

Honestly, I don't know much about computer, especially in programming (I don't even know what Oracle is Embarassed ). I'm looking for help to many forums and just think this puzzle fits in this section...
Thank's.

[Updated on: Wed, 16 January 2008 23:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Data Structure Optimization
Next Topic: How to read data from Hyper Terminal
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:48:17 CDT 2024