Home » Infrastructure » Unix » unix shell scripting in oracle
unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293436] Sat, 12 January 2008 15:16 Go to next message
paruvai
hi guys,

Can anyone send me the material from where i can study Unic shell Scripting with oracle.
I would really appreciate... I am a beginner n need to know everything about unix shell scripting with respect to oracle.
thankyou,
Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293437 is a reply to message #293436] Sat, 12 January 2008 15:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:

Unic shell Scripting with oracle.

What do you mean?

Regards
Michel
Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293438 is a reply to message #293437] Sat, 12 January 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paruvai
I got a job that needs the following
"good at writing C/C++ programs that interface with Oracle - good in working with UNIX shell and perl scripts"

i have no idea wot material do i need to study for this?
Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293439 is a reply to message #293436] Sat, 12 January 2008 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
>i have no idea wot material do i need to study for this?
To meet those requirements would take a minimum of at least 1 year of study.
Since you have "no idea", then you are not qualified for this position.
It appears you are incapable or unwilling to use GOOGLE.

[Updated on: Sat, 12 January 2008 15:59] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293445 is a reply to message #293439] Sat, 12 January 2008 20:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
paruvai
well to your notice... i have handled many things that r new... n m confident about it...
Well i guess u have problem replying people politely...
It seems u lack a good culture and values... well all that is not in u r hands ...n i dont need n y damn opinions abt my jobs from a person who i dint even ask for... so better be in u r limits n mind u r language...
These forums are for sharing information and helping ppl and getting help from them... I really doubt if u know abt it..
well now that i told u... u better step back n start a new forum where illmannered and uncultured guys like you would be entertained...
Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293446 is a reply to message #293445] Sat, 12 January 2008 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pat_maat
paruvai

I think you r right.
These forums are to get help n not getting u r self depressed by someone.
If someone does'nt know or cant help,better not reply in a rude way..
i would like to raise one more question posted by a member above.. to search about in google, well if google would help everyone why are these forums for and if you get everything on google why are you on this forums.

I totally agree with you paruvai
Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293447 is a reply to message #293436] Sat, 12 January 2008 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSwan
http://www.orafaq.com/forum/t/88153/0/
Clearly states the following GUIDELINES which you ignored!

People don't feel encouraged when they have to decipher some gobbledygook.

Abbreviations like "U", "Ur", "U r", "Plz", "prb", "qry" especially tend to get on people's nerves.

IM speak

Instant Messager language, like the (non-exhaustive) list below

u = you

ur = you are

any1 = anyone

gr8 = great

pls/plz = please (especially avoid this in topic titles)

urgnt = urgent (especially avoid this in topic titles)

wrt = write

i = I

im = I am

is not appreciated:
It is hard to read.
It is unprofessional.
It doesn't show much respect towards your fellow forum members.

If you don't take time to write in proper English, how can you expect that others would answer properly?

=====================================================
How is it that paruvai & his sock puppet pat_maat who just happen to have registered on this forum TODAY posted from the exact same IP# within minutes of each other?

Way too many folks use a forum like this because they are too lazy to look for answers on Google & expect others to spoonfeed them answers.

It never fails to amaze me that those that whine about not getting spoonfed answers proclaim that forums are for sharing knowledge;
as long it is others who share their knowledge with those too lazy to do meaningful research on their own.

Many books have been written on Unix shell scripting.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/105-2932682-5447649?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=unix+shell+script+oracle
Many books have been written on PERL.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-7188591-3689529?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=perl+oracle+dba

You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can't make them THINK!

[Updated on: Sat, 12 January 2008 22:40] by Moderator

Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293455 is a reply to message #293438] Sun, 13 January 2008 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
In addition, you have to learn to read.
"good at writing C/C++ programs that interface with Oracle - good in working with UNIX shell and perl scripts" contains 2 clear sentences that can't be sumarize into "unix shell scripting in oracle" which is meaningless.

paruvai/pat_maat, I hope you appreciate Ana's last answer, it is a great one for your professional and everyday life.

Regards
Michel

[Updated on: Sun, 13 January 2008 01:20]

Re: unix shell scripting in oracle [message #293469 is a reply to message #293436] Sun, 13 January 2008 01:49 Go to previous message
BlackSwan
>These forums are for sharing information
So you proclaim.
What have YOU shared with other?
Please cite multiple URLs to substantiate your wisdom contributed for others!
Previous Topic: RENAMING A FILE
Next Topic: Oracle Installation error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:32:17 CDT 2024