Home » Other » Client Tools » Oracle client (Oracle 9g)
Oracle client [message #297755] Sun, 03 February 2008 07:39 Go to next message
kkkandula
We are maintaining a separate server for Oracle9g and I don't have any client software in my work station, and I am trying to connect and get the table data into my workstation using QTP (Quick test professional), for that I have created connection string as and Query. Then also I am not able to access that data.

Please provide,
Is it required to install Client in my workation?
What is the connection string to access the data from server (if my server name is MYSERVER, Userid is UNAME and Password is PWORD)?

Thanks in ADVANCE.
Re: Oracle client [message #297759 is a reply to message #297755] Sun, 03 February 2008 09:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
I've never heard of "Quick test professional", but I guess there must be some kind of (on-line?) help which provides information about how to establish a connection to (an Oracle?) database.

Is Oracle client necessary to connect QTP to Oracle? I don't know; what does help say about it?

SQL*Plus connection string looks like
operating_system_prompt> sqlplus uname/pword@myserver
Does it look the same for QTP? I don't know; what does help say about it?
Re: Oracle client [message #297816 is a reply to message #297759] Sun, 03 February 2008 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kkkandula
Thanks for your reply.
Here QTP is testing tool, and I am trying to collect the data (from QTP) from server by providing connection string and query (in my workstation there is no client).

Is it required to install client my system?
Without installing client how can I get the data from server?

Please provide the solution.

Kishore Kumar
Re: Oracle client [message #297839 is a reply to message #297816] Sun, 03 February 2008 23:18 Go to previous message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
Is it required to install client my system?

It depends on QTP and how it works. Is there any installation guide with your tool?

Regards
Michel
Previous Topic: APEX - can't insert/update in an specific schema
Next Topic: how to call a procedure/cursor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:32:11 CDT 2024