Home » Open Source » Programming Interfaces » why date field type change into datetime using odbc connect to oracle XE (visual foxpro with spt cursor,9,XP)
why date field type change into datetime using odbc connect to oracle XE [message #298137] Tue, 05 February 2008 02:14 Go to next message
sudiawijaya
Dear All,

I have a problem,
i connect to oracle xe server throught odbc Oracle XE and i found my date field type has been change into datetime field type. why ? give me a hand !

i using visual foxpro 9 with Sql pass throught tech. with odbc
i have try odbc driver from oracle and windows but those are gave me the same result.

date --> datetime

am i do something wrong ?
Re: why date field type change into datetime using odbc connect to oracle XE [message #298141 is a reply to message #298137] Tue, 05 February 2008 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Oracle date type is ODBC datetime type.

If this is not an Oracle question, this has nothing to do here.

Regards
Michel
Re: why date field type change into datetime using odbc connect to oracle XE [message #298145 is a reply to message #298141] Tue, 05 February 2008 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sudiawijaya
sorry for unknown about that. so oracle date type is odbc datetime type. is that default ? can we change that ?
because i have develop ERP program using Mysql,Postgresql and Sql Server.

and I just known recently that oracle standard edition one is only $149 per named user max 5. so it is make interesting to change my database using oracle .

it is true that oracle brand name is more important then free mysql or postgre. because customer only known that oracle unbreakable.

btw, thanks for explanation may be i should adjust my prog. script became datetime. but it will takes time .

best regards for senior member.
Re: why date field type change into datetime using odbc connect to oracle XE [message #298149 is a reply to message #298145] Tue, 05 February 2008 02:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel Cadot
Account Moderator
Quote:
is that default ? can we change that ?

Yes. No.

Quote:
oracle standard edition one is only $149 per named user max 5.

Oracle XE is free (but has limits).

Regards
Michel
Re: why date field type change into datetime using odbc connect to oracle XE [message #298151 is a reply to message #298145] Tue, 05 February 2008 02:52 Go to previous message
Littlefoot
Account Moderator
sudiawijaya wrote on Tue, 05 February 2008 09:36
oracle standard edition one is only $149 per named user max 5. so it is make interesting to change my database using oracle

Perhaps you'd be interested in Oracle 10g Express Edition (XE) which is free. It has its limitations (up to 4GB user data, 1 CPU, ...); as we don't know what kind of an application you are building, XE might be a right choice for you.
Previous Topic: ODBC Failed - Urgent
Next Topic: Perl DBI: Check is item exist and performance
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:10:11 CDT 2024